PROPOSED CHANGES TO THE CONSTITUTION
Proposed Constitution Amendments
The Committee recommends that amendments be made to our Club Constitution.
These proposed changes will be introduced and explained at the October Club meeting. Time for discussion will be made at the November meeting before the amendments will be put to the vote at the December meeting.
A copy of the full constitution that was adopted in February 2018 is available at the bottom of this page.
The following are the suggested changes:
Throughout the document the word “association” be deleted and replace with “Club”.
(2) In this constitution:
(a) the association means the Bathurst Historic Car Club Inc,
(c) an historic vehicle means a vehicle manufactured at least 30 years prior to the current date and one that complies substantially to the original manufacturer's specifications. Minor safety improvements may be allowed, e.g. radial tyres of comparable size to the original, the addition of seat belts, etc. An historic vehicle is as defined by the relevant government department responsible for the registration of vehicles in New South Wales.
5. Membership generally
(1) (a) (ii) the person or person and his/her spouse/partner has/have been accepted for membership following the procedures set out in clause 6 and the Club Rules.
(b) Life Members
(ii) Procedures for election to Life Membership are set out in clause 7 the Club Rules.
(iii) A Member elected as a Life Member is exempt from further annual membership fees
6. Nomination for ordinary membership
(2) As soon as practicable after receiving a nomination for membership, and the nominee having attended at least three meetings and or Club organised activities within six months of applying for membership, the secretary must refer the nomination to a general meeting which is to determine whether to approve or to reject the nomination.
The nomination will be considered following the guidelines set out in the Club Rules.
(3) (b) if the meeting approved the nomination, request the nominee to pay (within the period of 28 60 days after receipt by the nominee of the notification) the sum payable under this constitution by a member as entrance fee and annual subscription.
7. Nomination for Life Membership Note: This entire clause will be deleted and covered by a Club Rule.
10. Resignation of membership
(3) If a past member (other than under Clause 8 (d) ) wishes to rejoin the Club they must complete the same process that applies to new members set out in clause 6 and the club rules.
11. Register of members
(2) The register of members must be kept in New South Wales:
(b) if the association has no premises, at the association Club’s official address. held by the public officer.
(4) If a member requests that any information contained on the register about the member (other than the Member’s name) not be available for inspection, that information must not be made available for inspection. Any information contained on the register about a member (other than the member’s name) will not be available for inspection, unless authorised by that member.
16. Right of appeal of disciplined member
(3) On receipt of a notice from a member under subclause (1), the secretary must notify the committee which is to convene a special general meeting of the association Club to be held within 28 days after the date on which the secretary received the notice.
(4) At a special general meeting of the association Club convened under subclause (3):
(2) It is the duty of the secretary to keep minutes of:
(b) the names of members of the committee present at a committee meeting or a general meeting, and
24. Committee meetings and quorum
(4) Notice of a meeting given under subclause (3) must specify the general nature of the business to be transacted at the meeting and no business other than that business is to be transacted at the meeting, except business which the committee members present at the meeting unanimously agree to treat as urgent business consider.
(1) Except if the nature of the business proposed to be dealt with at a general meeting requires a special resolution of the association Club, the secretary must, at least 14 days before the date fixed for the holding of the general meeting, give a notice to each member specifying the place, date and time of the meeting and the general nature of the business proposed to be transacted at the meeting.
(3) No business other than that specified in the notice convening a general meeting is to be transacted at the meeting except, in the case of an annual general meeting, business which may be transacted under clause 28 (2).
47. Club Rules
(1) The Club has power to make Club Rules to facilitate the functioning of the Club.
(2) Club Rules may only be adopted or amended by Special Resolution for which notice under clause 30 has been given.
(3) A Club Rule may not override anything set out in this Constitution.
48. Non-profit Clause
The assets and income of the club shall be applied solely in furtherance of its above mentioned objectives and no portion shall be distributed directly or indirectly to the members of the club except as bona fide compensation for services rendered or expenses incurred on behalf of the club.
49. Dissolution Clause
In the event of the club being dissolved, the amount that remains after such dissolution and the satisfaction of all debts and liabilities shall be transferred to another organisation with similar purposes which is not carried on for the profit or gain of its individual members.